Linda's Magazine Articles
This page contains links to some of the articles I have
I am still going through these old articles and
transfering them to HTML on a as-time-permits basis, so
over time more links to the articles will appear.
Questions and Answers, Ongoing column 1992 to 1999.
and Answers, Ongoing column 1989 to 1992. Root
- Inside Internet Security Systems' SAFEsuite. UNIX
Review's Performance Computing. Volume 16, no 5.
- The Next Generation Host Configuration Scheme:
DHCP. SysAdmin Magazine, volume 4, no 1.
- After The Fact: A Small Guide to Intrusion
Handling. Login, volume 18, no 5.
- Opinion on NT. Login, volume 18, no 4.
- Communication. An important aspect of UNIX System
Administration. Login, volume 17, no 6.
- Intrusion Handling: What to do After the Fact? ROOT
Journal, Volume 4 & no 2.
- System V Release 4 - A System Administrator's
Overview. ROOT Journal, Volume 3 no 4 & 5, Volume 4
- UUCP Administration. ROOT Journal, Volume 3 no
- A Closer Look at UNIX Network Security. ROOT
Journal, Volume 3 no 1.
- The Trials, Tribulations, and How-To's of a Mailing
List. ROOT Journal, Volume 2 no 6.
- Getting a System Administration Education. ROOT
Journal, Volume 2 no 5.
- The Future of UNIX System Administration. ROOT
Journal, Volume 2 no 4.
- Printers: Site, Central, and Secure. ROOT Journal,
Volume 2 no 3.
- Lazy Man's Guide to UNIX System Administration.
ROOT Journal, Volume 2 no 2.
- How much is enough? A look at UNIX Security. ROOT
Journal, Volume 1 no 6.
- The Human Aspect of UNIX System Management (Two
Parts). ROOT Journal, volume 1 no 4 & 5
- Super User Friendly Programs. ROOT Journal, Volume
1 no 2.